srImathE satakOpAya nama:
srImathE rAmAnujAya nama:
srImadh varavaramunayE nama:
srI vAnAchala mahAmunayE nama:
uNdO vaikAsi visAkaththukku opporu nAL (Is there a day equivalent to vaikAsi visAkam) – It is on this day 5000+ years ago, nammAzhwAr took birth in AzhwAr thirunagari as the son of king kAri and udaya nangai. In AchArya hrudhayam, his birth is explained by nAyanAr as “vakuLa bhUshaNa bhAskarOdhayam” – The arrival of radiant sun of nammAzhwAr who wears vakuLa garland. His birth overshadows the arrival of Adhithya (sun), rAma dhivAkara (the radiant sun named srI rAma) and achyutha bAnu (The radiant sun named krishNa) due to the fact that AzhwAr was able to remove the darkness of ignorance from the minds of samsAris more efficiently than others. This day is to be celebrated with great joy since if it was not for AzhwAr we would be still wandering in this samsAram like blind persons.
- Full set of pictures at https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=276890399150276&id=158530424319608 – Thanks to sadagopan basker swamy.
- EkAntha thirumanjanam for nammAzhwAr.
- kaNNinuN chiRu thAmbu and thiruppAvai gOshti and sARRumuRai.
- nammAzhwAr puRappAdu to singa perumAL kOyil (narasimhar temple) on the banks of thAmirabharaNi river.
- AzhwAr enjoys elaborate thirumanjanam there.
- AzhwAr leaves the maNdapam and arrives at sangaNi thuRai (a ghat in the thAmirabharaNi river).
- AzhwAr enjoys thirumanjanam in the river first followed by thIrthavAri (holy dip in the river). All devotees who are behind AzhwAr in the pravAham (flow of water), follows suit and bathe in the remnants of the water in which AzhwAr took bath.
- AzhwAr returns to bhavishyadhAchAryan sannidhi for thirumaN kAppu (Urdhva puNdram). thiruvAimozhi 10th centum first 60 pAsurams are recited there.
- AzhwAr leaves bhavishyadhAchAryan temple with emperumAnAr and arrives outside maNavALa mAmunigaL sannidhi. mAmunigaL performs mangaLAsAsanam to AzhwAr and emperumAnAr.
- AzhwAr returns to temple – his own sannidhi.
- akshathai AsIrvAdham.
- Recital of his own prabhandhams – thiruviruththam, thiruvAsiriyam, periya thiruvanthAdhi and remaining pAsurams of thiruvAimozhi.
- AzhwAr goes to perumAL sannidhi.
- sARRumuRai, thIrtha and prasAdham distribution to all.
- sapthAvaraNam – polindhu ninRa pirAn (with nAchiyArs), AzhwAr (in chapparam) and emperumAnAr puRappAdu around the town with rAmAnusa nURRanthAdhi gOshti.
- emperumAnAr returns to his sannidhi.
- thiruvisAkam (sayanam)