srImathE satakOpAya nama:
srImathE rAmAnujAya nama:
srImadh varavaramunayE nama:
srI vAnAchala mahAmunayE nama:
On this day, AzhwAr visits appan kOyil which is his actual place of birth. This place is a few kilometers away from AthinAtha – AzhwAr temple at AzhwAr thirungari. Generally, in our sampradhAyam “appan” (father) indicates thiruvEndamudaiyAn (thirumalai appan). The exact place where AzhwAr took birth has a beautiful temple for thiruvEnkatamudaiyAn (srInivAsan). There is a small sannidhi/maNdapam with a raised platform which is where AzhwAr was born. In the evening, AzhwAr is dressed up as thavazhntha kaNNan (crawling krishNa) and returns to his own temple. In the night, he enjoys puRappAdu as usual around the town.
- Full set of pictures at https://plus.google.com/photos/107723698299182214927/albums/6023226243636062241 – Thanks to sadagopan basker swamy
- EkAntha thirumanjanam for nammAzhwAr.
- kaNNinuN chiRu thAmbu and thiruppAvai gOshti and sARRumuRai.
- nammAzhwAr puRappAdu to appan kOyil.
- thirumanjanam for AzhwAr at appan kOyil.
- kaNNinuN chiRu thAmbu and thiruvAimozhi gOshti
- AzhwAr gets dressed up as thavazhntha kaNNan (crawling krishNa)
- thiruvAimozhi sARRumuRai.
- AzhwAr returns to his own temple.
- AzhwAr viewing the chariot – thEr katAksham.
- AzhwAr puRappAdu around the town in kudhirai (horse) vAhanam with periya thirumozhi gOshti.