srImathE satagOpAya nama:
srImathE rAmAnujAya nama:
srImadh varavaramunayE nama:
srI vAnAchala mahAmunayE nama:
Saturday 22nd – mAsi uthsavam – day 13 (AzhwAr visits tholaivillimangalam)
- tholaivillimangalam is also known as rettai thiruppathi (double dhivya dhEsam). It is considered as one dhivya dhEsam in 108 dhivya dhEsams and 2 thiruppathis (dhivya dhEsams) in nava thiruppathi (9 temples for emperumAn around AzhwAr thirunagari region) which are glorified by nammAzhwAr. aravindhalOchanan and dhEvar pirAn are the two emperumAns who have their temples in this dhivya dhEsam. nammAzhwAr has great attachment for this dhivya dhEsam, especially dhEvar pirAn emperumAn. AzhwAr declares that dhEvar pirAn is his father and mother in thiruvAimozhi 6.5.11. This is why, there is a special visit to this dhivya dhEsam during mAsi uthsavam.
- It is also said that, in the olden days, when adhyayana uthsavam was originally conducted by thirumangai AzhwAr, nammAzhwAr from AzhwAr thirunagari would visit srIrangam and stay there during the whole uthsavam. On return, he would reach tholaivillimangalam first and stay there for some time with the emperumAns. On mAsi visAgam, he would leave tholaivillimangalam and return to AzhwAr thirunagari. See adhyayana uthsavam history and details at http://ponnadi.blogspot.in/2013/11/anadhyayana-kalam-and-adhyayana-uthsavam.html
- nammAzhwAr leaves AzhwAr thirunagari
- nammAzhwAr reaches appan kOyil (AzhwAr avathAra sthalam) – maNdagappadi (stop-over)
- nammAzhwAr leaves appan kOyil and reaches tholaivillimangalam (rettai thiruappathi).
- thiruvAimozhi 10th centum gOshti and sARRumuRai at aravindhalOchanan sannidhi.
- AzhwAr reaches dhEvar pirAn sannidhi
- thirumanjanam for nammAzhwAr in the presence of dhEvar pirAn.
- thiruvAimozhi 10th centum gOshti and sARRumuRai in the presence of dhEvar pirAn.
- nammAzhwAr leaves tholaivillimangalam. dhEvar pirAn bids unwilling farewell to his dear child (nammAzhwAr).
- AzhwAr reaches AzhwAr thirunagari.